Comparisons for NEXUS, EDLs (Enhanced Drivers Licence), and EIDs (Enhanced Identification Card):
NEXUS: $50 and valid for 5 years ($10/year). No fee for children under 18.
BC EDL/EIC: $35 (above regular licence fee ($7/year if paid on the 5 year renewal cycle).
WA EDL/EID: $15 above regular license fee ($3/year if paid on the 5 year renewal cycle). EID $35 and valid for 5 years ($7/year).
- Approved alternative to a passport for travel between the U.S.A., Canada, and Mexico.
- Access to dedicated NEXUS lane and booth at locations where NEXUS operates.
- All persons in vehicle must have a valid NEXUS card to use the NEXUS lane.
BC EDL/EIC & WA EDL/EID:
- Approved alternative to a passport for entry to the U.S.A. by land or water.
- At Peace Arch and Lynden the U.S. is operating a Ready Lane. All persons over 16 must have EDL/EID (or other approved RFID) to access a Ready Lane.
- Vallid document for air travel between Canada, U.S.A., and Mexico.
- Dedicated line at security check points at many locations.
- Not approved for international air travel